Sunday 26 August 2007

A hole in the universe...

'They' found a hole in the universe, a place where there is apparently no matter; is that, technically a place or is it a non place? Would we be able to go to or into somewhere where there is nothing? Of course, by being able to go there we would then have supposedly changed that place/non-place forever; by bringing matter into a place without matter. What would the nature of existence be in an undefined something that has nothing that we are familiar with? 'They' find a gap in the universe and I can't help but wonder about it all again. What's beyond the undefined borders of our universe? Is there more nothing out there beyond the farthest star? All of this is so much bigger than you and I. Here I am, sitting and typing this on a planet that is spinning around on itself whilst hurtling through space in an orbit around the sun; just one star in a seemingly impossible number of other stars forming part of our galaxy which is really a relatively small place compared to the soup of galaxies that compose our universe. How do I compare to all of that? The funny thing is that though I probably don't even show up as a static blip on the radar of it all, yet I feel connected to the essence of it. I have a sense of a greater purpose. It makes me want to laugh out loud, this is why life can never be boring in this wicked cool world we share.

No comments: