Thursday 19 April 2007

untitled...

This poem has been about three years in the writing...I stapled the pages shut then, guess I should have written it out but...I suppose I've come full circle to it once again...here goes...hope it is enjoyed as poetry and not as necessarily biographical or whatever...

He once dreamt that in everything he could be enough
since she was for him.

Once believed, once held
words to hold, words old
in tears, in laughter
words shared
promises
promises
promises
vessels for our insubstantial thoughts
our predilections
our inadequacies
our flights of fancy
our sadness
our moments of happiness
our lips mouth the sounds
from the pictures and thoughts our hearts and souls have created
but when our words fail
when our hope is gone
our heads swell in the silence perched like a bird of death in our mouths
our dry parched barrenness
so I ask
what meaning can be expressed
in
disappointment

No comments: